Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gerard Gerard is offline

Default How to use a formula to determine the Cell Style?

JP,
Awesome! I've written maybe a zillion Excel 4 Macros doing various
things from Payroll to AP input etc. I never really got into VB. This was
simple, easy and worked perfectly. I appreceiate the help!

Peace,
Gerard

"JP" wrote:

I wrote a simple function to return the style of a given cell.

Function Cellstyle(inp As Range) As String
Cellstyle = inp.Style
End Function

Assume you have some data in cell A1. In B1 enter =Cellstyle(A1).

HTH,
JP

On Nov 13, 4:13 pm, Gerard wrote:
I'm trying to use a formula to determine the Cell (custom) Style? I believe
that once I have this formula figured out I will be able to use it to "Count"
the number of cells with a particular Style and display this. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Gerard