Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default My Excel file crashed! How do I get my data back? No autorecover?

There is probably no way to get the data back. Excel (2003) does indeed have
an auto recover system, but 1) it must be enabled, 2) it only saves recovery
data periodically, and 3) it doesn't do a full backup like an auto save
function, 4) it can't recover from all types of crashes.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Kim" wrote in message
I entered quite a bit of data into an Excel Spreadsheet. I went to make a
chart and it crashed. Now the data is gone. How do I get that data back?
thought Microsoft Applications had an autorecover feature?