Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rufus T Firefly

Default Can vlookup be used to search in more than one worksheet?

I have a workbook containing 12 worksheets (1 per month), each contain a
table of 6 columns x 300 rows. There are drop downlists in three columns and
i would like to create a printable report using vlookup to return data into a
thirteenth worksheet.

So in short, I would like to enter a search criteria in sheet 13 that
searches the other 12 worksheets and returns the required value.

I know you can use vlookup to return values found in another worksheet but i
cannot get the formula to work when asking the vlookup to search 12 sheets at
once.

Am I right in thinking it cannot be done?

Rufus T.