Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Format cell as military time

Copy the second lot of code from Chip's site.

Right-click on your sheet tab and "View Code"

Paste into that sheet module.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 13:16:01 -0700, Mike wrote:

JE,

I appreciate the info but I am not familiar with how to set this up. Where
do I need to paste that code in my worksheet to make it work?

Thanks...
Mike

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

Note that US/NATO military times do not use colons.

To do what you're asking, see

http://cpearson.com/excel/datetimeentry.htm

In article ,
Mike wrote:

I want to type in 0700 in a cell and press <tab to go to the next cell and
it will auto format it like 07:00 (military time). ex: type in 1400 and it
display as 14:00, etc. In other words, I want to be lazy and not have to type
the colon. How do I need to format the cell?
Thanks... Mike