Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sean Timmons Sean Timmons is offline

Default Formula for the LESSER of 2 Calculations

=if(Q31="",Q30,MIN(Q30,Q31))

"Bonnie" wrote:

I'm trying to create a formula that produces the following description:

IF Q31 is blank (no entry at all), Enter the same as Q30
IF Q31 is not blank and = (greater than or equal to) Q30, Enter the same as
Q30 IF Q31 is not blank and < (less than) Q30, Enter the same as Q31

The formula in Q31 is "=IF(Q850,Q85,"")".

I've inserted an extra column thinking I might have to put part of what I
need to do in a hidden column cell; I don't know.

Can someone please provide me guidance??? Or better yet, the actual formula
I need to enter into Q32? Thank you, in advance, for your time and effort.
--
Bonnie

ExcelBanter Database Error
Database Error Database error
The ExcelBanter database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.excelbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.excelbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.