Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
James Silverton James Silverton is offline

Default how i calculate pearson correlation coefficient for excel grap

"Jerry W. Lewis" wrote in message
Correl is the better choice. In Excel 2003 and later Correl
and Pearson are
identical. Prior to 2003, they are mathematically equivalent,
but Peason is
numerically inferior.

Without disputing your analysis, since all my tests seem to
produce identical results with Excel 2002, can you point me to
details of why PEARSON is inferior? Perhaps, you might let me
have some data that would produce different answers.

--
James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland