Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default Kuder-Richardson #21 Formula for estimate test reliability

One way:

=(k/(k-1)) * (1 - (X*(k-X))/(k*S))

You can either name your cells k, X, and S, or replace the k,X,S in the
formula with cell references.

In article . com,
wrote:

Good Morning!

I am trying to figure out how to adapt the Kruder-Richardson Formula
#21 to excel. First of all this is not a homework assignment.
Secondly, I appologize for linking a file but I could not get the
fonts for the formula right. What the formla does is to estimate test
reliability. I can figure it out long hand but would greatly
appreciate it in excel thanks in advance.

R=( k) (1- X(k-X))
----- -----------
k-1 kS

where
R= test reliability
k = number of items on the test
X = mean of raw scores from the total test
S = vfariance from the raw scores of the total test

Suppose we had a 50 item test and the mean score was 43 and the
variance was 25.0. We would have

R= (50) (1- 43(50 - 43))
50-1 (50)(25)

R = (1.02) (1- 301)