Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Svend Svend is offline

Default How do I add the value in every fifth cell in a column?

I had to reformat a little but the logic of your solution was spot on. Thanks

"Martin Fishlock" wrote:

Hi:

If your tables have constant row titles, you can use

B26=sumif($A$1:$A$23,"Row A Title",B$1:B$23)

Where "Row A Title" is the title in the row column A (you can also use A26
with the title in A26 and the data values in column B.

This can be copied over.

The advantage using the sumif is that it is more movable and rows can be
inserted.

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, www.nyfconsultants.com, Wolverhampton, UK

"Elkar" wrote:

You could try something like this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW(A1:A23),6)=3),A1:A23)

HTH
Elkar

"Svend" wrote:

The spreadsheet has ten columns, with five rows of data. This format is
repeated x number of times, with a line break between sets. I want to add the
values in column A, row three in each set of data. As an example:
A3 + A9 + A15 + A21, etc. Is this possible in Excel 2007?