Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Changing column order in pivot table

Select the cell that contains the column heading, e.g. Special
Point to the cell's border, and when the pointer changes to a
four-headed arrow, drag the heading to a new position

OR
Right-click on a heading cell, and in the popup menu, choose Order, then
one of the Move options

kleivakat wrote:
Thanks. I found the radio buttons. But if I want to keep it on manual since
sometimes is not ascending or descending, how do I drop and drag the columns.
I've tried clicking on them in the column heading in the pivot table, but
they don't move.

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

click in the column
Data-Sort
sounds liek you want descending, so check that radio button.

"kleivakat" wrote:

Is there a way to change the order of a column in a pivot table? What about
rows? If I have a couple of tiers of information, and I want "Special" to
show before "General", is there a way to change that? Thanks for any info.

KK

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures