Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Greg Wilson Greg Wilson is offline

Default Strange line I can't delete

It sounds like a chart or shape object that got shrunk to zero height when
the rows containing it were deleted. A chart at least, when shrunk to zero
height, won't let you grab it according to my tests. There are probably some
controls that do likewise.

To test my theory and fix the problem, put the Select Multiple Objects
button on your toolbar and check to see what objects are listed (sheet must
not be protected or you won't see them). This calls a dialog that lets you
select the objects. I suspect you'll find a chart, control or drawing object
you weren't aware of.

To access the Select Multiple Objects button:
Right click any toolbar Customize Commands tab Select Drawing from the
categories list. Then drag the Select Multiple Objects button to the toolbar.
I have it as 3rd from the top in the Commands list.

Greg