Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marsha Marsha is offline

Default How do I find duplicate entries in a column in an Excel worksh

I want to find duplicates, but they are student names so I need to include 2
columns in the formula. ie first name in column b, last name in colum c.
How can I incorporate two colums? Please reply to
Thanks for your help.

"JLatham" wrote:

In column C, or another available column, put a formula like this in the
first row with values in A to be examined, then fill the formula on down the
sheet to the end of the list:
=IF(COUNTIF(A$1:A$7,A1)1,"Duplicated","")
Change A$1:A$7 to include your whole range in column a, as perhaps A$2:A$1504

If you can put that in column C, and if there are entries all the way down
the sheet in column B, then you can quickly fill it by moving the cursor to
the lower right corner of the cell with the formula in it until it becomes a
thick + symbol instead of the normal fat cross, then double-click the left
mouse button to fill it all the way to the end.

"Chunka" wrote:

I am working with Excel 2000. I have two columns. Column A contains a
Procedure number and column B contains the associated fee. Each procedure
should only be represented once. My goal is to identify instances where a
procedure is repeated (duplicate entries), so that I can determine which
entry is correct. If you are familiar with Access, I am basically trying to
achieve in Excel, the same thing that a "Find Duplicates" query does in
Access.