Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cervenyc

Default trying to make a formula for percent if greater than a value

I got it to work, but the formula averages a zero when the statement is
false. How do I make a false statement render a blank cell, or to drop the
value? If the value is 0, then I want it excluded, I only want to average
values greater than 0. Thanks.

"SteveG" wrote:

Enter the formula as you normally would.

=AVERAGE(IF(A1:A80,A1:A8,FALSE))

When you are done typing in the formula, rather than hitting the Enter
key, hit the Ctrl, Shift & Enter keys simultaneously. That will create
the {} around the formula automatically. Don't type them in yourself.

HTH

Steve

--
SteveG