Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Paul B

Default how to make a formula ignore blank cells

Snap, one way,

=IF(K3="","",IF(K3=L3,"1",""))

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Snap" wrote in message
I'm trying to create a league table but the formula I'm using recognises
blank cells as zero - before any results are input.

My formula (for a tied game) is =if(k3=l3,"1") awarding 1 point for a tie

/
draw.

However, my league table shows a tie / draw before the game is played! How
do I get the formula to ignore the cell until data is input?

Thanks in advance