Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default Multiple copies of Excel file open - :1, :2

Open this particular file, then press ctrl + F4, then ctrl + S
No need to close the file

Peo Sjoblom

"krzymike" wrote in message
I had already tried closing, saving and reopening the file, but it still
shows two windows of the file. I am unable to close one window without the
entire file closing.

"JudithJubilee" wrote:

You have two windows of the same workbook. Close one of them, save and
reopen
the document the problem should be solved. It has been caused by someone
using Window + New Window in the original file.

Judith
--
Hope this helps

"krzymike" wrote:

I am running Excel 2003 and I have received a file that when opened, it
shows
two occurences with :1 and :2 showing after the file name. What is
causing
this and how do I eliminate it? Thanks