Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary L Brown Gary L Brown is offline

Default Force Excel To Treat A Cell As Blank

If a cell is NOT empty [such as having a formula in it], you can't make Excel
think it is empty. You can only make it LOOK empty, which is what you've
done.
HTH,
--
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful, please click the ''Yes'' button next to ''Was this
Post Helpfull to you?''.

"MDW" wrote:

I want to have the false part of an IF statement to return a...null?...value
I guess. I want Excel to treat the cell as if it were blank.

Right now, this is the function I have:

=IF(M4<"",IF(ISERROR(YEAR(N4)),M4,N4),"")

It's the

,""

part that I want to replace with whatever will make the cell appear empty.

TIA.
--
Hmm...they have the Internet on COMPUTERS now!