Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default Four Quadrant Bubble Chart in Excel?

Hi,

Another option, which will allow retention of bubble chart, would be to
create a image which can be used as the plotarea fill.
I used MS Paint to create a 4 colour quadrent. Then as long as the chart
is divided evenly the effect works quite well.

Cheers
Andy

wrote:
Hello,

Looking for help on creating a four-quadrant bubble chart in Excel that
will depicts a Project Portfolio along the axes of Risk and Potential
Benefits. This is a common diagram used in Portfolio Management to
visualize how projects compare to one another (Four-quadrant BCG -
Star, Cash Cow, Dog, and Wildcat).

My question is can this chart be created in Excel. If not, can anyone
recommend a charting program or add-in to accomplish what I described.

Thank you for your attention,

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info