Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Toppers Toppers is offline

Default formula to calculate number of hours worked in a day

Format cells as hh:mm and Total cell as [h]:mm: the latter will stop Excel
subtracting 24 from the total if it is 24

Start time in A1 and Finish Time in B1

in C1: =MOD(B1-A1,1)

This will allow for times running over midnight

If this doesn't ever happen then =(B1-A1) will suffice

Assuming times are in rows 1 to 7 , then in C8: =SUM(C1:C7)

C8 formatted as [h]:mm

HTH

"xololady" wrote:

I am trying to put together a time sheet, where I can put my time in and out,
and then give the total hours at the end of the day. For example, I sum (12
pm -8 am) + (5 pm -1 pm). I have formatted these cells to show time. But my
formula spits out a sub zero number. Do I need to divide these by 24?