Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] StarShackr@yahoo.com is offline

Default Infinite sum formula

On May 1, 4:34 pm, Harlan Grove wrote:
wrote...

...Basically, I would like two cells in each row to add together to
obtain a total for that row. For example: F6+G6=H6, F7+G7=H7,
F8+G8=H8, etc. However, I would like the formula to continue on
infinitely, no matter how many rows my worksheet will contain.

You could select H6:H65536, type

=IF(COUNT(F6,G6,F6+G6)1,F6+G6,"")

hold down a [Ctrl] key and press [Enter] to fill this formula into
H6:H65536, but this would be grossly wasteful of your computer's
resources. The alternative would be to use a Change event handler that
fills the formula (R1C1-style)

=RC[-2]+RC[-1]

in column H for every row in which column F or G contains a number and
their sum evaluates to a number. Do you want to use VBA?

Thank you very much. I am now running into another problem. I
entered the formula per your instructions, but when I click print,
Excel wants to print every single cell that contains the formula,
which is thousands of pages. I know that I can highlight a selection
to print to avoid printing all those pages, however I am setting up
this spreadsheet for someone that is not very familar with Excel. I
am afraid that there will be times she will forget to highlight the
selection and end up printing thousands of pages. Is there a way I
can get Excel to print only the rows that contain actual numbers and
not just formulas with no numbers entered. Does that make sense?

I appreciate all your help.