Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel formula won't copy down

As I and others have suggested earlier, it sounds as if calculation mode is
set to manual. Have you checked?
--
David Biddulph

"Janet T" wrote in message
It copies , but does not calculate the answer. I even tried typing the
full
formula into each decending cell. Changed original starting amount and
the
formulas did not calculate a new answer. Apparentlly the copy & paste are
not functioning. Cause when I C&P the answer stays the same as where it
was
copied down from. So any help is appreciated. Janet

"Anthony Fontana" wrote:

What exactly do you mean by "does not want to copy down." Does Excel not
show the fill handle or does the copy/paste functions not work? Or does
the
function copy but not evaluate at all, or correctly?

"Janet T" wrote:

=sum(c1-a2+b2). Just a simple formula for keeping track of cks for
bank
statement. Have used it for well over a year with MSC Office Home and
Student, now it does not want to copy down and add and subtract
numbers. I
even uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Help, please?