Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sean Timmons Sean Timmons is offline

Default Formula to change Phone Number format

And oh, having -'s in some wouldn't make a difference unless they aren't set
the same as your desired cells. If so, just do a Find - then Replace with
nothing

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

Highlight column.. format Cells..

Custom

000-000-0000

Course, if you use Special, there is one for phone number that uses (201)
instead, so your choice.

"pete5440" wrote:

I have a large list of 10 digit phone numbers currently formatted as
1234567890. I would like to change them so area code and prefix is separated
by hyphen 123-456-7890. Is there a relatively simple way to do this with a
formula? Would having some of the numbers already changed to my desired
format affect how the formula runs?