Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default How to add different error bars to each data point in excel

More on Error Bars (the article includes the answer to your problem, which
you discovered independently):

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ErrorBars.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Scott" wrote in message
Disregard, answered my own question...

For those that are interested, instead of typing in a single entry as a
custom value, you can highlight the entire range of SEMs and the chart
allocates them accordingly.

"Scott" wrote:

I am busy writing a thesis and am plotting some data using the clustered
column graph. I have 5 values on the X-axis (time in days...0-4), and
for
each of these X-axis values (days) I have 3 Y-values (high, medium, low
dose
observations). The problem is that each Y-axis value is a mean, and has
unique standard error of the mean (SEM). However, I can't find a way to
make
unique error bars for each data point. Instead, it will only allow me to
enter 1 custom error bar value per dose observation over time. I feel
like
this is doable, but I just can't figure it out. Perhaps I just need to
use
another graph format? I feel like there is something really obvious that
am missing...

I don't know if this is clear, but was wondering if anyone can help. I
really don't want to have to draw these error bars in using powerpoint.
can elaborate if need be...

Thanks in advance!

ExcelBanter Database Error
Database Error Database error
The ExcelBanter database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.excelbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.excelbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.