Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How Do I put items,(names)inside DV dropdown?

I thought you had already created DV dropdowns but didn't like them because the
arrows don't show up.

Peo was directing you to use a combo-box which would have visible arrows.

What do you exactly want now?

Don't ask me where the Office Button is..........I don't use 2007

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 09:26:01 -0700, Sassy
wrote:

I'm starting over from scratch....

So How do I get my info inside the DV drop down list? If anyone knows
please give me step by step instructions.

"Brainless_in_Boston" wrote:

Peo - you clearly know much more than me. Where is the "Office" button? I
certainly don't see it in my Excel icons...

MD
Boston, MA USA

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Office button Excel Options, make sure "Show Developer Tab" is selected.
Click the Developer tab Controls Insert Combobox from the active x
controls,
right click the drop down and select properties, in that pane that opens.
Put the range with your list in the
listfillrange and the cell you want to link to. Click the design mode button
to get out
of design mode

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
(Remove ^^ from email)

"skittles_golf" wrote in message
How do you create a combo box in Excel 2007
--
Jenny

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

You can't using datavalidation, you can if you use a combobox from the
control toolbox

Peo Sjoblom

"skittles_golf" wrote in message
I have created several Drop Down boxes in a worksheet but I want to make
them
visible so people know there is a drop down box there. Right now the
arrow
doesn't show until you click on that cell. Please help I am not quite
sure
how to format it so the drop down arrow stays.
--
Jenny