Tsipi4me

Thanks! This is exactly what I needed

"Niek Otten" wrote:

Depends on what you call "proper". I assume you want positive percentages
for growth and negative percentages for decreasing values. And you probably
require 300% growth displayed if you go from -100 to 200.
I wouldn't dare to call that proper, but if it is what you require you could
use a formula like

=IF(B1A1,ABS((B1-A1)/A1),-ABS((B1-A1)/A1))

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Tsipi4me" wrote in message
I am trying to calculate growth rates with negative and positive numbers.
Using a simple (Period 2-Period 1)/Period 1 is not sufficient because the
+
or - growth % is not properly reflecting if I have positive growth because
have gone from negative Net Income to Positive Net Income. How can I
change
the formula so that I can make sure that % growth is calculating properly
whether or not I have positive or negative numbers?

Thanks!