Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
challa prabhu challa prabhu is offline

Default show to stop scientific numbers from general formating

Hi,

To reset the number format, click General in the Category list. Cells that
are formatted with the General format have no specific number format.
However, the General format does use exponential notation for large numbers
(12 or more digits). To remove the exponential notation from large numbers,
you can apply a different number format, such as Number.

Challa Prabhu

"nathan" wrote:

My question is how to stop the automatic 12 digit number conversion to
scientific format. I cant stand it. I am sick of having to convert every
time I open excell, is there a way to stop this in the excel settings?