Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
roadkill

Default Eliminate Duplicates in Pivot Table

I have a large spreadsheet with, among other columns, a column for PO number
and another for item number. I need to determine the number of unique PO's
for each item (just a count/quantity). If an item shows up twice on the same
PO, it only gets counted once. I thought a pivot table might do the trick
but don't see a setting for eliminating duplicates. Is there one? If not,
what's a good way to get the information needed (i.e. 2 columns - one with
the item number and the other with the number of unique PO's that contain
that item number)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Will