MargaretG MargaretG is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
When I sort a table references to other cells are not maintained properly.

I've tried making them both relative & absolute & either way they no longer
point to the correct cell (which has moved) after the sort is completed.

These are all internal references (within the same table) but on a different
row.
I've solved it!!!! Nice and simply too.

What you do is you have two separate sheets (or even files) -- one for data entry and one for data sorts. So sheet 1 contains your data and formulae. You then on sheet 2 have the whole sheet pointing to the equivalent cell in sheet 1. You then enter data only in sheet 1 and when you want to sort it you only do it on sheet 2. Yippee.