Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sam Wilson Sam Wilson is offline

Default underscore in functions

Hi,

I think your export processing is creating names for the cells.

If you click on D4 and look at the white box to the left of the formula bar
I bet it'll say "_393". The export process renames "D4" as "_393" and then
all formulas refer to the new name.

The formulas should all still work though.

Sam

"westronwynde" wrote:

Hi, I hope this has not been asked and I just can't find it. I am having
trouble with underscores in Excel functions. A certain program I use
(industry specific so I can't name it here) exports data into Excel. Most of
the time the data comes over as text. However sometimes I get formulas and
formatting such as this (=_393-_394-_395-_396) Needless to say, this formula
is not helpful and I need to find a way to get rid of this formatting without
having to copy and paste values into another worksheet. Essentially the
formula should look like this =SUM(D4-E4-F4-G4)