Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default How to add different error bars to each data point in excel

More on Error Bars (the article includes the answer to your problem, which
you discovered independently):

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ErrorBars.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Scott" wrote in message
Disregard, answered my own question...

For those that are interested, instead of typing in a single entry as a
custom value, you can highlight the entire range of SEMs and the chart
allocates them accordingly.

"Scott" wrote:

I am busy writing a thesis and am plotting some data using the clustered
column graph. I have 5 values on the X-axis (time in days...0-4), and
for
each of these X-axis values (days) I have 3 Y-values (high, medium, low
dose
observations). The problem is that each Y-axis value is a mean, and has
unique standard error of the mean (SEM). However, I can't find a way to
make
unique error bars for each data point. Instead, it will only allow me to
enter 1 custom error bar value per dose observation over time. I feel
like
this is doable, but I just can't figure it out. Perhaps I just need to
use
another graph format? I feel like there is something really obvious that
am missing...

I don't know if this is clear, but was wondering if anyone can help. I
really don't want to have to draw these error bars in using powerpoint.
can elaborate if need be...

Thanks in advance!