Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to make a cents symbol in Excel 2007

Scott wrote on Thu, 3 Jul 2008 06:54:05 -0700:

I can't type in the number. When I press down the Alt key
(and hold it down) and then try to type the number 0162, it
just beeps. I can't enter in the number.
--
Scott in Salt Lake

"Lorne" wrote:

"Scott Salt Lake"
wrote in message
I read a comment about using Alt + 0162 to make a cents
symbol (c with a slash through it). But it was for Excel
2003. I tried it in Excel 2007 and just got beeps for an
error. How do you do it in 2007? -- Scott in Salt Lake

It should work in any program, Alt-0162 is the code to
display a cents symbol in most common fonts.

Are you using a font that uses this code for something else?
Try using a common font like Arial and see if it works.

Do you have a number pad on your keyboard? The numbers along the top
don't work. With a lap top you might have to lock in the numbers.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not