Michael

Steve, you can also select the cell, press F2 and Enter and it will create
the hyperlink for you.
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"Steve Freides" wrote:

Thank you both.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

"bigwheel" wrote in message
e-mail addresses should be hyperlinks, so select the cell containing
the
non-clickable text, then click on the Hyperlink tool. The Inser
Hyperlink
dialog will appear so then click E-mail Address and fill in the
details under
the e-mail address input space (harder to describe than actually doing
it!!)

"Steve Freides" wrote:

Someone sent me a spreadsheet with a column for email addresses.
Only
some of the addresses are clickable links and I thought I'd do
everyone
a service and fix the cells that aren't formatted properly and sent
the
spreadsheet back out again. (It's a team list for one of my kids'
sports
teams.)

But, when I go into format, I see lots of things like text, number,
currency, special - but no email. How does one do this?

I'm using Excel Office 2003, SP1, running on XP/Pro, SP2, with all
the
latest updates to both.

Thanks in advance.

-S-