Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
krzymike krzymike is offline

Default Multiple copies of Excel file open - :1, :2

Ignore my previous post. I had to turn on the Windows on Taskbar option so I
could see both windows. I then closed one, saved the file and when reopening
it is fixed. Thanks.

"JudithJubilee" wrote:

You have two windows of the same workbook. Close one of them, save and reopen
the document the problem should be solved. It has been caused by someone
using Window + New Window in the original file.

Judith
--
Hope this helps

"krzymike" wrote:

I am running Excel 2003 and I have received a file that when opened, it shows
two occurences with :1 and :2 showing after the file name. What is causing
this and how do I eliminate it? Thanks