Duke Carey

Default how do you make negative numbers show up as 0 in Excel?

tiah's solution will change the DISPLAY but not the value. In other words,
although the cell might show 0, any formula that referenced the cell would
still use the negative value.

If you need the VALUE to be 0, use

=MAX(your current formula,0)

"djjny" wrote:

I want to force a formula I have to show up as a zero if the value is less
than zero. I have tried embedding something in the formula to do this, but
it will not work. anyone have any suggestions? Is there a way to format a
field to display zero when the value is less than zero? I am using Excel
2000.