Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gee Gee is offline

Default Range Name Scope + Pivot Charting

:
Thanks Dave , I did find the Name manager by looking for my subject on
dont mind:

1. In the Name Manager by Karel Pieterse, one could only change 1 name at a
time else it came up with an error "list has been changed". Do u know if this
is correct or am I using it wrong. Yesterday I had to change over 300 names
one by one. Bit tedious.
2. The button Formula Create Selection , where the Names are adjacent to the
cell and you just select whioch side , a very useful feature , but it always
makes the names Global. Do you know if you can change the default to local
for this feature.
3. And here I am taking a chance :

Do you know of any addins , tutorials etc on Pivot Charting Techniques --
The Microsoft E-Learning does not cover this ,

Thanks and Regards
GEE

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

If you have to localize (or globalize) and existing name, you'll want to use Jan
Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name Manager:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp

In fact, if you're working with names, you'll want this!

Gee wrote:

I named my ranges using the "create from selection Tab" . I was not under the
impression that thisd defaults the scope of the name to the full workbook. I
have done many ranges this way and have used these in formulae. I need to
change the scope to the worksheet , and I dont want to have to redo the whole
sheet because of this .

How do I quickly change the scope of the range names ? I have tried it
through the Name manager but the scope is Greyed out.!!!

Please HELP ME anyone !!!!

GEE

--

Dave Peterson