Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dominic

Default How to blank out cells with duplicate values?

Bleu,

You could do this using a helper column I believe.

Insert a column next to your order number column. Then beginning with the
second row type the formula =IF(A2="","",IF(A2=A1,"",A2)). Copy this formula
down the column.
Where column A is the column your order numbers are in.

Then copy the column, the paste:special:values over the top.

Is that what you are looking for?

"Bleu_808" wrote:

Bob, Thanks - but this did not work for me. Let me explain a little
better...

ex:
1234 Part #1
1234 Part #2
1234 Part #2
1234 Part #4

4321 Part #1
4321 Part #2
4321 Part #3

6789 Part #1
6789 Part #2

I still want to view the informationon the rest of the row that has
the duplicate number, I just want to clear only the cell of the
duplicate.

Sorry if I wasn't clear :)

Bleu