Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How can I change default row numbers in Excel ?

You cannot change the row numbers in the manner which you describe.

Workaround for appearance only........

In A9 enter =ROW()-8

Drag/copy down as far as you wish.

ToolsOptionsView. Uncheck "row and column headers"

Note: A9 will still be A9

BTW..........maybe just expand row 1 and insert you logo without using the other
7 rows.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 07:57:01 -0700, XcelMstr
wrote:

I wanted to change/modify the default row numbers in Excel but was unable to
do it.Actually I have inserted logo which covers row 1 to 8 and then my
actual data starts.But what I want is the actual row which is showing row
no.9 shoudl be as row no.1 .Can anybody give a solution for it ?