Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bryan Hessey

Default How to blank out cells with duplicate values?

Select cell A1, then select the A column (check that A1 is the active
cell, the odd highlight)
Format, Conditional Format, Formula is
=COUNTIF(A$1:A1,A1)<1
and set font colour to White (on white)

duplicates are then hidden

Hope this helps

--

Dominic Wrote:
Bleu,

You could do this using a helper column I believe.

Insert a column next to your order number column. Then beginning with
the
second row type the formula =IF(A2="","",IF(A2=A1,"",A2)). Copy this
formula
down the column.
Where column A is the column your order numbers are in.

Then copy the column, the paste:special:values over the top.

Is that what you are looking for?

"Bleu_808" wrote:

Bob, Thanks - but this did not work for me. Let me explain a little
better...

ex:
1234 Part #1
1234 Part #2
1234 Part #2
1234 Part #4

4321 Part #1
4321 Part #2
4321 Part #3

6789 Part #1
6789 Part #2

I still want to view the informationon the rest of the row that has
the duplicate number, I just want to clear only the cell of the
duplicate.

Sorry if I wasn't clear :)

Bleu

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=537895

ExcelBanter Database Error
Database Error Database error
The ExcelBanter database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.excelbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.excelbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.