Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default how to add bullet point in an Excel cell ?

Hi Charlene

Having pressed the Alt key, whilst holding it down, as you type 0149
from the numeric pad nothing seems to appear, but when you release the
Alt key having completed the key sequence, the bullet sign should then
appear.

The 0149 must be typed from the numeric pad, not the numbers from the
top row of the keyboard.
If you are using a Laptop computer, then you would need to use the
Function key + NumLk first, to invoke the embedded numeric keypad
utilising the letters MJU and 9 from the top row.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"charlene" wrote in message
but when I hold down the [alt] key, I am not allowed to type any key .

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try this:

Hold down the [alt] key...type 0149....release the [alt] key

Is that something you can work with?
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"charlene" wrote:

how can I add bullet point in an Excel cell when preparing text ?