Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] is offline

Default decimal point in general number

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 09:58:25 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I select a general number for cells, but it puts decimal points in th
number. If I remove the decimals, it rounds the number. How do I get
general numbers, i.e. check numbers, with decimals?

Your question is not clear.
Perhaps some examples of the complete number and how you want it to appear, with the possible variations, would be helpful in devising a solution.

The General format will only place a decimal if the number includes a decimal.