Eric

I don't know that my solution could even be called good, but I used a
modified identiy matrix
0 0 0 0 1
0 0 0 1 0
0 0 1 0 0
0 1 0 0 0
1 0 0 0 0
to flip a column of data to that it would work with the index() function. I
simply used mmult to multiply the column with the matrix and I had the data
in the form I needed it. It will also work if the data is in a row.
Unfortunately, this was the only work around I could find in Excel.

"cseeton" wrote in message
I am having difficulty with the order of the coefficients outputed by

linest
when doing a multivariable regression. My problem is that the order is
reversed from the input x variables. While for displaying the

coefficients I
do not have a problem, the problem is that my sheet is setup so that the
column order is x1,x2,x3,x4... and I would like to use
mmult(inputs,transpose(output coefficient)) or Sum(inputs*ouput
coefficients) ) to fill in dataspace in other operations.

Any suggestions on a way reverse the order so that I can use it with

matrix
operations without creating new columns in reverse order (involves reverse
thinking on my part).

Thanks in advance
cseeton