Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
=!CmOrE!= =!CmOrE!= is offline

Default Copying comments from one cell to another, in a different spreadsheet

Couldn't do it. Can you explain further.

Thank you
Die_Another_Day wrote:
I'm not sure if it can be done without code. Insert this in a new
module in "Personal.xls" in the VBA editor. Let me know if you need
further explanation or if you want to tie it directly to your workbook.

Function Comments(iRange As Range) As String
If iRange.Comment Is Nothing Then
Comments = "NA"
Else
Comments = iRange.Comment.Text
End If
End Function

then in your spreadsheet type
=Comments(A1)

HTH

Die_Another_Day
=!CmOrE!= wrote:
Hello Friends,

I would like to be able to write a comment in a cell, then have that
comment appear in another cell on a different spreadsheet within the
same workbook, though. Or within the same spreadsheet.

Is there a formula or some sort of formatting to allow for the type of
function?

Thanks in advance!!