Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
vnsrod2000 vnsrod2000 is offline

Default calculating number of weeks between two dates

To show the weeks in my 3rd column, I used:
=(networkdays(A1,B1))/5
and it seems to work. Is this an accurate way to modify the formula to show
weeks?

Thanks!

"Britt" wrote:

Hey there,

First make sure these cells are formatted as dates (and not text)
Ensure you have the ATP (go to tools, add-ins and check the box next to
Analysis Toolpak)
Then use the NETWORKDAYS function (formula)
for instance
col A = start date
col B = end date
col C = duration (in working days)
(opt) col D = could be the number of weeks or any other calculation

For example, col C will be your formula...
If A1 = 3/16/07
If B1 = 4/2/07
C1 will need the following pasted into it:

=NETWORKDAYS(A1,B1)

This formula calculates the number of working days between 2 dates.
Your result here should be 12

You could then do a SUM function in the next column to divide the network
days to give you an approx week calculation

Hope it helps!
-Britt

"vnsrod2000" wrote:

Hello. I have three columns:
end date
duration
What function do I use to calculate the number of weeks the dates entered in
the first two columns?

Thanks.