Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default Using named ranges in dynamic charts (excel 2007)

Hi again Fruitticher,

I did some testing and found some problems like you described. I think that
I have overcome all of them by shortening the names for the named ranges.

I copied the named ranges you posted and I experienced similar problems
trying to insert them in the formula bar. The first one like you said worked
but the second one would not. On saving, closing and re-opening I had lost
the display of the formula on the formula bar.

I started again with a new worksheet and used shorter names for the named
ranges and it appeared to overcome all the problems.

I then went back to the workbook where the formulas would not display and
re-named the ranges with shorter names in Name Manager. The formulas were not
immediately visible but after saving and re-opening the formulas became
visible. I was then able to insert the new shorter names where previously I
could not.

Also I'm sure that I have seen a message at times something like "the range
is too complex to display" when accessing the ranges by right clicking on the
series and selecting 'Select Data' but I can't replicate that at the moment.

I'll be interested in any further comments that you or anyone else has on
the subject.

Regards,

OssieMac