Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Converting hours over 24 into decimal format

If you want them in decimal format then multiply by 24:

=A1*24

and format the cell as number with appropriate decimal places.

If you want to see them in time format, then click Format | Cells |
Custom and enter [hh]:mm:ss in the panel then click OK.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jul 4, 11:42 am, Ary wrote:
How would I convert hours such as 128:24:12 to 128.403?

In previous discussions, I saw someone suggest formatting the cell as
[hh]:mm, but I have no idea what this means nor how to do it.
--
-Ary

ExcelBanter Database Error
Database Error Database error
The ExcelBanter database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.excelbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.excelbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.