Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Xray_Man Xray_Man is offline

Default How to calculate frequency of lottery numbers?

I'm new to Excel, so please explain things to this newbie in non-technical
terms as much as possible! I have downloaded the array of previous week's
winning lottery numbers, and I want Excel to create a number frequency chart
for me. The numbers are 1 to 59. I want to calculate a histogram of the
frequencies of each number from 1 to 59. So far, I set up Excel so that the
results of the previous lottery games are in 5 collumns.
A1:A100,B1:B100,C1:C100,D1:D100,E1:E100. I then entered the numbers 1 through
59 into K1:K59. I tried to use the Frequency function, which sort of seems to
calculate the frequencies as expected, but I don't know where to find the
resulting array of frequencies. I hope what I just said didn't sound too
silly, but my problem is that I don't know how to complete the job so that I
can some how view the array of frequencies in some easy to view form, such as
a histogram. Any help would be most appreciated (and I hope it makes me
rich!! LOL)