Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten Niek Otten is offline

Default Calculating age of death

<way more so than simply specifying years and days,

Indeed. Financial (and actuarial, my area of interest) systems often use this. But because product specifications often *do* refer
to months, the 360-day system is somewhat popular in those groups. Not that it's perfect!
It assumes a 360-day year, consisting of 12 30-day months.
As you can imagine, the remaining 5 or 6 days are subject to lots of different interpretations, but AFAIK they boil down to 2
systems; NASD or European (see HELP for DAYS360).

If only customers would specify what "number of months difference" means (to them).....

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel