Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Pranav Vaidya Pranav Vaidya is offline

Default VLOOKUP & TWO DIFFERENT RANGES

HI SSJ,

To the best of my knowledge, vlookup() can refer to only one search range,
however you can club it with IF and construct a formula. Here you go

cell A1 is the value to be serched
Range B1 to D100 is the first range to search
Range F1 to H100 is the first range to search

then try,
=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A1,$B$1:$B$100,2,0)),vlookup(( A1,$F$1:$H$100,2,0),VLOOKUP(A1,$B$1:$B$100,2,0))

Thsi formula will check for the first range search, if unsuccessful will
search the second range.

Hope this helps!!

--
Pranav Vaidya
VBA Developer

"SSJ" wrote:

Hello All,

Can VLOOKUP lookup in two different different ranges residing in separate
worksheettabs? In other words, if a match is not found in the first range
then lookup the 2nd range.

Can someone help in constructing such formula?

Regards
SJ