Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
blkane blkane is offline

Default How to sum a column with errors

I tried that and I kept getting a formula area that would point directly to
the double "" in the formula. I finally figured out that I was missing a
parens just before the ,"".

You both have been very helpful. Thanks

"Elkar" wrote:

Use the ISNA function inside of an IF Statement:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(...)),"",VLOOKUP(...))

HTH,
Elkar

"blkane" wrote:

I have a column where the cells contain a vlookup formula for an exact match
only. If there is no match, the value N/A# is returned. However, I would
like to be able to sum the values that the vlookup does find.

How do you write the formula so that instead of returning N/A# it returns
zero or blank if the vlookup can't find a match?

Thanks