Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default how do I quickly insert numbers 1 to 100 in a column in Excel?

And yet another.

Enter 1 in first cell.

Right-click on fill handle and drag down.

Release button and select "Fill Series"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 09:27:02 -0800, Ron Coderre
wrote:

Here's one way.

Put a 1 in the first cell

Type these keys: [alt] E I S (short cuts for <edit<fill<series)
Check: Columns
Stop Value: 100
Press [enter]

Does that help?
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"terri" wrote:

I have a list of itmes that need to be numbered to the right side of the
list. I do not wish to manually enter each number (1 to 100). Is there way
I can enter the number 1, then pull the cursor down the column until the
cells become populated with the rest of the numbers in sequence? I