Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Default can autofill be used on merged cells?

Debbie

NO.

Merging 9 cells into one just creates one single cell that looks larger than the
regular cells, but has the same properties as a regular cell.

My advice about merged cells.........

Merged cells are the spawn of Satan!

They cause more problems with Excel than any other feature I can think of.

Copying, cutting, pasting, sorting, filtering are all adversely
affected by merged cells.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 14:53:02 -0700, Debbie
wrote:

I would like to use the autofill function on a group of cells I've merged
together. It doesn't seem to be working. Is it possible for this to even
happen? I know if I unmerge my cells, I can use the autofill on a single
cell. But I would like to do this within a box I've merged together.

Thanks,

Debbie