Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
woodsey woodsey is offline

Default conditinal format that gives particular shape and color in cell

Hi

Try Conditional formatting in Format. Use the Formula Function rather than
"cell value is", and then reference the cell you wish and the condition.
Click Format and then choos patterns to colour the cells. You can add three
different conditional formats by clicking on Add.

Woody

"formatting" wrote:

I am preparing some financial data and I need what some would call stop
lights or amples to detect whether the % change for plans and actuals are
favorable or unfavorable by adding color to the little stoplights in the cell
to the right of the % chnge cell. I hope you understand what I am trying to
convey here. Can someone please help me. Thanks

-M